WordPress VIP named a Strong Performer in The Forrester Wave™: Content Management Systems, Q3 2023
Let’s admit it. The question is out there: Is WordPress ready for the enterprise?
Sure it powers 43% of the web. Sure it has more plugins, more developers, more sites, and more content creators using it than anyone else. But is it ready for the enterprise? For scale? For security? Does the offering fit?
Forrester, an analyst firm that knows a thing or two about enterprise technology, just released their The Forrester Wave™: Content Management Systems, Q3 2023. The Forrester Wave™ is a guide for buyers considering their purchasing options in a technology marketplace.
For a space as crowded as content management, where just a few months ago Forrester listed 22 vendors in The Content Management Systems Landscape, Q2 2023, just 10 were included in Forrester’s inclusion criteria for their recent report. They were then each evaluated based on 26 criteria.
So what did it say?
WordPress VIP a “Strong Performer”
In the end, Forrester named WordPress VIP a strong performer. In fact, WordPress VIP received the third highest score in the current offering category and received the highest scores possible in six criteria including: “content generation and findability,” “content lifecycle and compliance,” and “low-/no-code and experience assembly.”
According to the Forrester report, WordPress VIP “brings easy content authoring to enterprises.” The Forrester evaluation also quoted a WordPress VIP customer, who said, “In the last two years we have tripled audiences on our site and have seen double-digit revenue growth through online publishing—the CMS is at the heart of that.”
And noted that WordPress VIP:
- Offers strong capabilities in content authoring, versioning, and lifecycle management due to its ongoing innovations with the easy-to-use Gutenberg block editor.
- Powers heavily accessed federal websites through its recently acquired FedRAMP certification.
- Performs very well in low-code/no-code UI extensibility, claiming thousands of available plug- ins.
- Offers a subset of its content analytics capabilities for free out of the box.
So is WordPress a fit for the enterprise?
Forrester noted that WordPress VIP “brings the ease of its original blogging platform—WordPress—to the enterprise through security and an easy-to-use content management UI.” Further, “the platform powers heavily accessed federal websites through its recently acquired FedRAMP certification.”
So you decide, but we certainly think so.
Learn more about the State of CMS
Want to learn more? We invite you to read the report to learn:
- Key considerations as digital-first accelerates, hybrid work becomes the norm, customer experience becomes more urgent, and businesses build new digital lines of service.
- Strengths and weaknesses for each evaluated vendor.
- Why WordPress VIP was named a strong performer and scored third highest in the current offering category.
“WordPress VIP is a good fit for enterprises in North America and EMEA with limited content operations seeking to publish content at scale.”—The Forrester Wave™: Content Management Systems, Q3 2023